Our Brother's Keeper
Notice: Due to their busy schedules no picture of "Our Brother's Keeper" members could be taken
Mission Statement: :
"Our Brother's Keeper" is an interdenominational caring program serving the Keith County area. It is a three part program designed to serve some of our senior citizens, shut-ins and special needs individuals. The first part is to help with small projects around their homes. Secondly, we want to make sure that all of the senior citizens have daily contact with someone. The last part of the program is to form some friendships.
Most Requested Tasks:
- Visit for companionship
- Occasional sit-in service
- Transporting someone who is unable to drive
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Aid in small household tasks
- Sidewalk shoveling & signing contacts for needed services
- Minor mending tasks
- Daily phone call checks to assure that all is well
- Aid in personal letter writing
- Occasional grocery shopping
- Coordination with the hospital for medical transportation
They are seeking additional volunteers to help lighten the work load of present volunteers. They are also looking for people in need of “Our Brother’s Keeper” services.
For more information contact
Ron Siffring| Home: (308)-284-4565 Cell: (308)289-1267
Maggie Cutkosky| Home:(308)284-0111 Cell: (308)289-3726
The Ogallala/Keith County Chamber of Commerce would like to recognize our Non-Profit Organization of the Month - Our Brother's Keepers. Thanks to all who are a part of the organization and the great work they do to help our community.