Keith County is a great place to live, work, and play. We are fortunate to have a balance of all the major factors that aid and encourage existing businesses to grow and to attract new businesses to relocate here—plentiful land to develop, easy access to all modes of transportation, fiber-optic technology capabilities, quality workforce, abundant utilities, and exceptional quality of life.
Keith County has an array of local organizations that stand ready to help facilitate business expansion and/or relocation.
- City of Ogallala Economic Development Office – Economic Development Coordinator Travis Haggard is ready to answer your questions, provide you with information for business relocation, expansion, and available incentives.
- Keith County Area Development (KCAD) – A local non-profit organization that acts as a central resource to promote development, foster long-range planning and coordinate financial aid and incentives.
- Ogallala/Keith County Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber is a member-based organization to works to “Prosper, Promote, Connect, and Represent Business in Keith County.”
- Community Redevelopment Authority (CRA) – The City of Ogallala’s CRA can offer Tax Increment Financing on qualified projects.
- West Central Nebraska Development District (WCNDD) – An 18-county program with their main office in Ogallala, has created a Business Incubator program to nurture development of entrepreneurial companies.
- Along with those organizations, all municipalities located in Keith County (County Commissioners, City of Ogallala, Villages of Brule and Paxton) are all fully committed to future economic development.
- NPPD Community Facts Book.
- Rural Enterprise Assistance Project - (REAP) - Fostering Small Business Growth in Rural Areas - Nancy Flock, Loan Specialist for the Southwest/Central Region, is available locally once a month.
Come to play, come to stay in beautiful Keith County!