Individual will be responsible for setting up and running a range of Lathes & Mills while maintaining production efficiencies. Must have good attention to detail and accustom to working and measuring to close tolerance and delicate parts. Responsible for maintaining work quality and doing in process inspection.
Duties and responsibilities
- Setup and operate Lathes & Mills
- May Run multiple machines at once and maintain a high level of quality
- Make machine tool offsets as needed to maintain a high level of quality
- Perform frequent setups as required
- Be cross trained on other machine tools as needed to assist production
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as changing fluids and filters
- Maintain a clean work environment and machine work area
- Read process sheets and mechanical drawings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work from verbal, written instructions and prints.
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical Training Certificate/Equivalent experience
- High competency using micrometers, indicators, calipers
- Could require intermittent long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking
- Periodic lifting of materials not to exceed 40 pounds
- Willing to work beyond normal hours if needed
- Subject to stressful situations
- An understanding of both Metric and English measuring systems
- Knowledge of cutting media and material properties beneficial
- Generally working in production environment.
- Required exposure to industrial oils, coolants, solvents, lubricants, adhesive and other chemicals. NOTE: All safety precautions will be used.
- Requirement for some independent actions and/or decisions is expected.
- Some repetitive motion required on occasion.
- Required daily: periodic lifting of materials and parts weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Required intermittent long periods sitting and standing.
- Not Applicable
Arnold Magnetic Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/General Identity/Disability/Veteran
Apply on line: https://www.arnoldmagnetics.com/about/careers/